Friday, December 31, 2010

How Long I Must Change Sid

Thoughts transient year-end

There are people who live only with memories, trapped in their past, refugees in their memoirs, which were obviously very intense. There are people who rather spend their time to design, plan, organize their future, developing real obsessions and compulsive obsessions. There are people who live very listlessly in an eternal present, day by day, adjusting from time to time without asking too many questions about what needs to happen. It is very difficult to maintain a balanced relationship with time, but most importantly it is very difficult to scan in a harmonious way its internal time, because it affects our whole way of acting and thinking.
such differences can be observed also on a larger scale, on a cultural level. In some cultures, such as Christianity (from which stems in large part to modern culture), time is seen as a linear entity that runs along a definite direction, starting from the beginning not very well identified (the big bang? God's creation? ) culminating in a final and ultimate goal (the end of the world), while other cultures have learned to look at time as something cyclical, which is repeated regularly but have never started and never end: the case of the ancient Greek and the Mayan people back in vogue lately because of that alone ridicolissima which is the catastrophe of 2012.
I love to relate to the time a less schematic and more relative. Because in the end time is a human invention: there is no per se. So must be the man to beat time, not time to define the man. I think we should focus on this when it does something very important, something that perhaps should be noted and stored for good, something that should leave a mark on us ( carpe diem Orazio said his leuconoe: Seize the day) , while the vision, the care of our future I believe it is right to devote less daily and more intimate level, more personal, more private if we want, because while living in this one is free to interact with those who share our reality at that moment, the future is something that is not yet, is an image that we build within ourselves, it is only a creation of our own, highly personal and personalized. And the past? I will confess: I am a very nostalgic person, maybe because I had a very carefree that I am missing a lot, especially in current times, times when I can take a strong gap compared to what life was like in years past.


is my habit, and I believe the presumption of it is a good habit, living gazing at the past from time to time. A little 'not to lose track of what you are doing with their life, a little' because in the past have settled the experiences that have taught us to live and that sometimes we need to brush up out of an impasse, a little 'because, if we know where we come from, we can understand better where we are going. This habit could not be called the last day of the year: what better reason to take stock of the situation?
Well, it was a very strange year for me this 2010. It's been a year changes of major breakthroughs. I faced a choice that I was not a little scared, a choice that would indirectly affect my future life, especially at work. It was a year when I had to get involved, take a risk. Therefore, it was also a year of fears and concerns, hopes and - why not? - Challenging! That is why in 2010 I lived in a kind of suspended state, waiting and tension: it was as if my life had stopped temporarily to allow me to reassess my position in the world, to redefine my identity and to give a new name to my projects.
And when you make major changes, so here it is placed immediately in front of yourself, here you look in the mirror, as they say, and you are forced to revalue, to review, to fall to terms with themselves, to reorganize his inner certainty and the foundations of which until then were thought to consolidated or so. There are situations where you have to question, in which there arises new questions which can not be said that we can give an answer right away. When you live such an experience, come to the surface many issues of person who until then had been closed in the drawer of the ego. There are times when you need to be strong to not collapse under the weight of the innovations that are emerging.
But be strong in such a predicament is not something easy, because you are distracted by the anxiety to reach the target and, simultaneously, even from the fear of not succeeding. Especially when there is no evidence that could afford to make reasonably reliable predictions. And then you feel disoriented, you feel adrift, shipwrecked in the waters of "destiny" (I want to call it this time, although I do not believe in it). Look for points of reference, in and out of itself, is almost a vital need, an irrepressible need.
Fortunately for me, however, did not have to face this situation alone. Among the few people who shared with me that there was one major change in particular that has allowed me to come out the winner in this test of life. He is a person so dear to me that I have repeatedly thanked life for making me cross my existence to her and, indeed, have made them travel in parallel, these our lives! He is a person that I was able to blame when I needed it, which managed to move me when I lacked confidence, who listened to my doubts, my doubts with patience and care with which he dispensed his advice to me. I am not exaggerating when I say that I owe to her the change I was able to deal with.
I already thanked that person privately, ergo I will not here again. But, as I said at the beginning, I like to look back before the end of the year to take a look at my life overall, and looking back now I see her, because she was the to help me make sense of my years just finished, she was the person through whom my 2010 is completed in the manner of happiness. If she had not been there very likely at this time that my position in the world of which I said before, I would still be trying to reach . It noted that in recent months this person has been so faithful and constant presence (irrespective of the change that I dealt with) is an awareness that reassures me a lot, I pamper the mind, which fills me with confidence in the future and that gives me reason to smile. It feels so natural yet so rare! It almost seems like the first sensation experienced by the first man on earth.


But then he turns his gaze from the past to the future: turning the head, that I see here in me the usual image of the age to come, more or less sharp, more or less uncertain. It's time to wish for something, the moment of hope, to hope, to better define those boundaries. And I like this again, I wish to continue to have this person next to me in years to come. I like to hope that this dialogue almost as old as ourselves continue with the same honesty and the same respect. I like to hope that the mutual affection that comes from this course will fill more and more of himself, without reservation, since it is not likely ever to indigestion.


I catch myself smiling serenely. I think today will be a beautiful day! This is for you! And it is all your new year: Happy 2011!

0 comments:

Post a Comment