Saturday, March 19, 2011

Millions Of Flees On My Dog

On I the father is a poet

In these days of celebration of the Italian Constitution and the celebrations for the 150th anniversary of the unification of Italy, there is really good this brief reference to the great poet on the occasion of the feast Father's Day. A little 'because we are talking about the "father" of the Italian language and, therefore, one that has contributed to Italy, a bit' because he, like us in these last hours, thinking intensely (mutatis mutandis) to a 'Italy that was not there and you do not wake up but he loved so much, but mainly because the one I'm talking about, I do not consider only the greatest poet in the history of world literature. For me it has more meaning, a meaning more intense and deep, that touches me the deepest fibers of my being: I consider him a father.



You 'my teacher' my author,
if you 'only one from whom' I took
The beautiful style that I have been honored.
( Inferno, I, 85-87)

I owe this man all that is good in me has been and will always be my mentor, my guide, my teacher because she taught me to be a man through his poetry, the highest of all time, and through his life, straight and consistent until the end.

Happy Birthday, Dad ...

[...] that 'in my mind is fixed, and touches now My heart
the dear and good paternal image
you when the world from time to time
taught me how man becomes eternal .
( Inferno, XV, 82-85)

0 comments:

Post a Comment